ETS2 - Sound Fixes Pack V23.06
Engine and horn sound added to the 2005 Ford Mondeo in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition] Engine sounds swapped to an Ecoboost engine sound for the civilian 2016 Ford Explorer Limited in AI traffic. [ATS edition] Improved tire noise for the Kenworth T800 trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition] Some air brake sound effects introduced in v23.04 have now been added to the array for AI traffic trucks.
Recommended audio settings information updated in the text file and the Steam Workshop discussions topic.
Optional addon news
Menu Music Remixes has been reworked! It is now titled ‘Menu Music Remixes & Nostalgic Soundtracks’ and has had the following changes:
– New soundtracks (including original themes from 18 Wheels of Steel & German Truck Simulator).
– Fixed the issue where the music would stop after customizing your truck for a long time.
– Added an extended version of the former truck upgrade music from pre-2014 ETS2.
– Updated mod title, description and images.
– Reduced file size.
– This mod brings more immersion to common sounds in the game.
– For over 7 years, this mod has proven to be an essential addition for anyone wanting an immersive experience.
– The Steam Workshop version is highly recommended for quick and easy updates, maintained for the current game version.
– The mod is the safest on the Steam Workshop, having procedures in place for adapting to major game updates.
ETS2 1.46.2 + ATS 1.46.2. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
Supported in single-player and multiplayer Convoy mode, and is marked as an optional mod in Convoy.
Compatible with all maps and all trucks, including truck mods.
Does not replace individual player truck sounds, so this mod can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any rain sound mods (unless proven to be compatible)
The mod features dynamic and realistic sounds, covering the following:
– Extensive variety of suspension, tire bump, cabin noise, and cabin rattle sounds.
– Fuel / filling station sounds.
– Door close and seatbelt sounds after refueling.
– Train sound enhancements, including comprehensive sounds for some individual trains.
– Unique railroad crossing bell sounds for different locations.
– Real tire and road noise for all terrains: asphalt, gravel, grass, and sleeper lines.
– Nokia phone ringtone sound replacing the hurry up / late music, leading to less stress for the player.
– Default common sound reworks, such as improved default air brake sounds and a softer default reverse beep.
– AI traffic vehicle sound improvements, including sounds for Jazzycat’s Motorcycle Traffic Pack.
– English UK/US voice navigation variants with speaker effect added and no unrealistic phrases.
– Wind buffeting and rush of air sounds at high speeds only when the window is open.
– Improvements to sounds of the surrounding environment and animated objects.
– Trailer coupling and trailer brace rotation sounds.
– Two standalone air horns.
– Softer mix for the Musical Road in American Truck Simulator’s Historic Route 66.
– Dynamic exterior and interior rain sounds, and an assortment of varying thunder sounds with delay.
– The default wiper sound may now squeak only when the windshield is dry.
– Default gear grinding sound effect additions and improvements.
– (Optional) Reefer / refrigerated trailer sound functionality that can be activated by trailer mods.
For further realism, the mod may also add official colors to each AI traffic vehicle it modifies for sound, with rarer colors less likely to be seen.
Credits:SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Darkcaptain, Deltatristar500, Grinch, Kass, Katixa, Kriechbaum, Trayscapes, Vasily EVR, Zeemod