ETS2 - 24 Speed Transmission V1.0 (1.42.x)
This is a heavy duty custom 24 speed transmission that allows a top speed of 120-150 kmh (depends on power and weight) and generates a slightly higher fuel consumption due to it’s special gear ratios. If you play with a hard economy mod, you’ll have to consider this aspect too, as it may have an impact on your income. On the other hand, you’ll have no problem with any weight transport in the game. For enhanced enjoyment I recommend using a weaker engine, as they require more precise gear shifting. First 20 gears are for acceleration, the last 4 are for cruising at different speeds. All gear ratios are calculated @ 1300 rpm… the 21st gear is the 1:1 ratio direct drive, 22nd, 23rd and 24th gears are overdrives. Recommended tires are 315/70 R22.5, because differential ratio is calculated using this size. Enjoy!
– first 2 gears are now for crawling, so you won’t need them unless you have to climb a very steep road with a very heavy load.
– modified the reverse gears… now R1 runs at ~ 8 kmh; R2 ~ 12 kmh; R3 ~ 24 kmh; R4 ~ 36 kmh @ 2100 rpm.
– created a layout to make it resemble more like a real gearbox. Access the link below, download the file and put it into one of your profiles that you’re currently using. After entering the game, don’t forget to select it from the list of layouts. If you want simple numbers, from 1 to 24, just select the default “range+splitter” layout…
– added a non retarder version of the gearbox.
– added support for Lucasi’s Volvo F12 mod.
– added support for Aradeth’s Volvo VNL 670.
– added support for TeamSimulasyonTurk’s Ford Trucks F-MAX.
– added support for AVEYRON’s Volvo VNL 780.
– added support for Fordsonmies’s RJL Scania R, R4, G & Streamline.
– added more realistic retarder values.
*IMPORTANT note: In order for this gearbox to work in “automatic” or “real automatic” mode, as it was intended, you need to go to the file of the engine that you currently use and delete this data:
# RPM Data
rpm_range_high_gear: (xxxx, yyyy)