ATS - More Differential Ratios V1.0 (1.40.x)
This mod adds more differential ratios for original SCS transmissions in ATS.
Differential ratio is a number which means how many times slower the axle rotates than the cardan shaft. The more differential ratio is – the slower your truck goes at the same RPM.
I made bigger differential ratios for more realistic driving and better handling of heavy cargoes. The last differential, 4.11, should be enough for carrying ~100 ton trailers.
Starting from version 1.3 there are also lower differentials for faster and more fuel economic drive. But you should have a powerful engine for that – otherwise you may get stuck at high slopes!
– does not replace anything, works as addon
– does not change gear names
– adds 2.16, 2.28, 2.47, 2.64, 2.85, 3.08, 3.25, 3.55, 3.73, 3.91 and 4.11 differentials for all vanilla transmissions
– has real differential ratio numbers
– works not only with Eaton 13 and 18 speeders, but with every transmission in the game including 10 speeders, Allison and 12 speeders
– has default prices and unlocks for all transmissions
– works with any version of the game
– works with any priority in mod manager
Currently supported truck mods:
– Kenworth T900 Legend
– Kenworth W900 Long (by richt05tv)