ATS - Caterpillar 3408 Engines Pack V1.5 (1.42.x)
This mod has the sounds of a Caterpillar, model 3408 V8 eight cylinder engine, with the most realistic torque measurements possible. It contains the electronic ignition of the engine. Adapted to versions 1.39 and later made in FMod, according to SCS requirements.
- Support to v 1.42 beta in Multiplayer mod (includes engine sounds in convoy)
- Added an additional turbo track (this means the sound is bi-turbo)
- Added BOV effect and the exhaust idle track was replaced.
You will find seven horsepower options for this engine ranging from 400HP up to 800HP. It also includes a 15 speed compound transmission with 6 final drive ratio options (from vanilla 3.23 up to 4.63)
1. 3408 T DI: 400 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1200 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
2. 3408A TA: 450 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1460 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
3. 3408B TA: 500 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1616 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
4. 3408B TA: 540 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1746 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
5. 3408E TA: 600 hp @ 2300 rpm, 1950 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
6. 3408E TA: 700 hp @ 2100 rpm, 2250 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
7. 3408E TA: 800 hp @ 2100 rpm, 2600 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
A characteristic of these motors is that it does not have a motor brake; instead, it had a hydraulic retarder system known as CAT’s “Brakesaver” that functioned as both a torque converter and a compressor when slowing down.
In the description of the mod, you will find the list of trucks that the mod supports.
Thanks to vsTerminus for the permission to use their sound mixes, and to YouTube user gm16v149, for recording it.
Functional for versions 1.39, 1.40, 1.41 and 1.42 of American Truck Simulator.
Avoid uploading this mod to other storage sites, if you want to share use the original link (Sharemods). If you edit the file, do so at your discretion and responsibility.
Only his person has been in charge of the conversion to FMOD and update of the mod. Please respect the credits that appear in this mod.
Procedure for installing the mod:
After downloading the file, place it in My Documents / American Truck Simulator / Mod folder and when starting the game, enable it in Mod Manager, preferably prioritize truck mods.
For more experience, the volume of the exhaust, engine and turbo, should be in equal levels by in case you set the overall engine volume.